Thursday, October 16, 2014

Don't Fence Me In

Do you ever notice fences in photos or even in real life? Do you prefer one style over another? For photos, I like those wooden ones that form a zigzag. That means I need to align the shot to show the fence in such a way that you can tell what style of fencing it is. Here, I like the fence leading your eye to the mountains in the background.
















In the second photo, notice that the fence travels along the front of the shot and then back along the left side. I only see as I write about it that you cannot easily determine that the fence on the foreground is zigzag. I should have moved a couple of steps to the right.
















Rather than bore you with more zigzags (and I do have more of them, probably for another day), here is one with barbed wire and metal poles. It is not in focus because my primary focal point was the mountains, but there is a fence in it. Not as much fun, right?
















Pink Floyd sang a song about building a wall to insulate someone form the world. Joshua did the will of God and destroyed a wall. I wrote a comic about one of those, but you may be wishing I had insulated myself from you.












Quad-copters. LED lights. Time-lapse photography. Instant airborne art. Need I say more? OK, I will. This is a cool two-minute video that I thought was kind of cool, so decided to share it today.

Mac and Cheese. Need I say more? Actually, I am not so much a fan (and even less so as a vegan), but there is a food truck and, now, a restaurant that serve only that. Read the details about mac-O-licious here.

Do you watch Shark Tank? We enjoy it, although I have not seen anything from this season yet. However, I did come across a page that talks about every deal made by every Shark, and gives you an update on how most of them are faring. Go check out your favorite company or Shark and see what's the buzz, they'll tell you what's happening.

I found this funny story yesterday and thought I would share it with you soo. Since I have run out of things to include, 'someday' is today.

A heart surgeon took his car to his local garage for a regular service, where he usually exchanged a little friendly banter with the owner, a skilled but not especially wealthy mechanic.

"So tell me," says the mechanic, "I've been wondering about what we both do for a living, and how much more you get paid than me.."

"Yes?.." says the surgeon.

"Well look at this," says the mechanic, as he worked on a big complicated engine, "I check how it's running, open it up, fix the valves, and put it all back together so it works good as new.. We basically do the same job don't we? And yet you are paid ten times what I am - how do you explain that?"

The surgeon thought for a moment, and smiling gently, replied,"Try it with the engine running.."

Folks, you have been very kind to drop by today, but I am out of source material. Try again soon.

No comments: