Tuesday, October 21, 2014

CSN, WWWW, and Me

You know, one of my favorite albums ever is Crosby, Still and Nash. Here is the famous cover art from 1969, taken at 815 Palm Avenue, West Hollywood. The photo shows them in a different order than the name of the group. They went back a week or two later to retake the shot and found the building had subsequently been demolished. You can learn more history and see a number of outtake photos here.





















That shot reminds me of a certain group that I saw near Ouray, CO, earlier this summer. Have you heard of them? That building IS still there.






















Now that we have returned to Ouray, let's check out shot from our photo place along Hwy 62. I like the contrast of the rustic fence in front of the colors and mountains. Those mountains and the fence are also still there.






















That fence is also handy for holding photographer's assistants like MBH helping me shoot Preacher Bro and his better half.
















I think I saw something about China monitoring use of Apple's iCloud and using a great firewall. Of course, the comparison to another wall in China was inevitable.














Oh, if I could only count the number of times people have commented on my gladiator-like appearance. Actually, I can. Zero. Findings on the gladiators diet, though, show they were primarily vegetarians, so I kind of eat the same things. Does that count?

I read this headline earlier, "Music sales down as more consumers turn to online music streaming". What do you think? Are you more likely to listen to a song online or purchase it? I want to somehow own my music, whether it is a download or a CD that I purchase. After all, if it is not yours, it could go away or the streamer could change their format and you would not hear the music anymore. And even as a download, Apple could have a contract dispute of some kind and block me there (at least for anything purchased from them).

In a similar vein, I have a Kindle Fire and read the majority of my books online now. However, it could be a similar situation in that Amazon could make it so I can no longer access my books, even if I purchased them.

There is a lawsuit that Led Zeppelin stole the opening riff of Stairway to Heaven from Spirit. So, I broke out youtube and am listening to Spirit as I write this. Yeah, I can hear some influence, but I am not confident it is a copyright issue. Probably, Zep will pay some bucks to make it go away.

I am struggling to find anything else to share today, so I am throwing in the towel. Maybe tomorrow will find me with new opportunities to search. Until then, have a Tremendous Tuesday.

No comments: