Friday, October 17, 2014

Another Week Flies By

Does time seem to be flying by quicker than ever? We are already coming up on November. And then Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here. Wow.

Let's stay with the flying theme and its intersection with our trip up to the colors of Colorado. These next three photos are along CO 5 south of Ridgway as I tried to catch a hawk circling over the trees.
















So while the hawk is seen near the center of the shot, seeing it in front of the colors really makes it dynamic.
















I like the mix of green to yellow to orange.
















I am lucky to have a nice DSLR camera that is not too bulky. I am very glad cameras got smaller instead of larger. Just think of packing this camera that took negatives of 8x4.5 ft (this monstrosity was only used once, BTW). "Push it to the left, hon. The bird is still flying. Hurry!"

















Tomorrow night, we have a niece getting married. She is marrying a great guy who is in a wheelchair. As my way of welcoming him to the family, I imagined pimping his chair and giving him his own Clarity of Vision. Might this make him change his mind? We will see later this weekend.













I'm going to take a few photos at the reception. However, I only have the regular attached flash on the camera and not a separate flash unit. I looked up how to attach something to the camera to allow me to bounce the flash off a wall or a ceiling. It says I can use a business card to simulate that, so I will carry one with me. However, I took some shots at SS and D-I-L's reception using the same setup and they seemed OK. I will probably try some of both and see what I like.

I will freely admit that I am not an artist. I have tentatively inserted myself into the world of photography to share the images like those above, but I know my mind is more logical. In 1949, a photographer convinced Picasso to use a light pen to draw paintings in the air that would not exist anywhere except as captured by a time-lapse photo. He agreed to 15 minutes, but liked the results well enough to do additional sessions. You can see some of the shots here.

What are the 20 best inventions of the year (and some of them ARE pretty cool)? Dyson Foundation says these are.

Yes, I am a vegan now, but in my schooldays, I wanted to eat normal kinds of food. You know. Pizza. Friend chicken. French fries. Not back then, and not even now, would this suffice for my noon meal. It is an actual photo of a school lunch in OK. I'm glad Michelle Obama's dietary rules don't affect me.


















Growing up, a Sizzler restaurant made an impression on our family (or maybe just me) when I heard the cook place an order in the window and call out "Number 7!" "Number 7" "Throw it away!" Yes, it seemed like the progression of comments happened about as fast as you just read them. We made a joke about it that we repeated for years. Why did I remember that? I was looking at a TV-related site talking about shows that are being cancelled after just two showings (Bad Judge on NBC). I didn't even know it was on (have you even heard of it?), so how can they grow an audience if you don't give something a chance to make it?

Thanks for dropping by so often this week. It is people like you that have driven my visitor count up into the tens. Have a good weekend. Maybe I will see you at the wedding?

No comments: