Monday, October 13, 2014

Just When You Thought It Was Safe...

...to visit the blogosphere, He's Baaaack. Yup, I am back from a jaunt up into the land of 14,000+ ft mountains of Colorado. We had a great time and I will soon be inflicting you with every aspect of the trip from photographs to memories to funny stories.

First shot of the week. This photo is from the evening of the 4th on the road between Placerville (just north of Telluride) and Ridgway. At that time of night, the shadows change fast and this was all that was left by the time we could stop.















Last shot of the week. This was from the morning of the 11th as we headed down out of Colorado. On the same road as the previous shot, this one is heading the opposite direction on the road from Ridgway to Placerville.















With the upcoming photo sharing I have already warned you about, you will see some colors that are so bright that they look fake. Compare them to Yahoo's article about places that have beautiful fall foliage.

I forgot to do some work Wednesday evening. I did not even login to clean out and answer emails. Well, I will deal with that later when I can catch up on the projects.

I also did not create any new Clarity of Vision comics. I imagine that made your week a bit more dull than normal? Let's end that drought right now. Did I come up with the idea on my trip? Perhaps.













And then, there was this.








What a great idea. Gas masks and biohazard suits as a costumes, and to keep your kids safe from ebola as they trick-or-treat.

Unforgettable cancelled by CBS after three seasons. I guess it wasn't, huh?

Did George Washington live in the White House? Is this the original White House? Could you buy your own? All of these burning questions are answered in this trivia article on the 222th anniversary of the White House.

Do you ever miss the days of the spray tan vending machine? Deluges of booze from a third story window? An atomic bomb viewing party? These are just a few of the interesting images in this story.

Wait! Today is a holiday for some government workers? Oh, it's Columbus Day? I don't know about you, but for me, it's another day at work. Anyway, when will we get a Grover Cleveland Day? Learn more about him here (hint: his name wasn't really Grover).

How would you like to own a $450,000 house? Sounds nice, right? Would you just leave it if you found out there were spiders in it? 6,000 spiders? 6,000 brown recluse spiders? A family did just that in St. Louis, and I for one would have done the same thing. You can see it and read more here.

I enjoyed catching up with you, but I need to catch up on employer stuff, too. Don't worry. I have no vacation planned this week.

No comments: