Thursday, July 19, 2012

To Members of the Military in my Family

Get out before this happens.

OK, now we can move on into today's personal comments. Lindsay, yes, I think our company does waste a lot of its energy on changing the org rather than delivering value to customers and stakeholders. Dad, we need the Expedition next weekend to move stuff to Ali's classroom. Lewis, did you have to look up who sang Dream Weaver or did you actually remember Gary Wright's name? Architect Bro, is your house fixed all the way now?

Finally, I got my hair cut last night. So now, it doesn't look like a toupee anymore.

Hey, y'all, I am going to interview for a management position today or tomorrow, so keep that in your prayers. I have been in an individual contributor position since coming to this company after year's of middle management at Motorola and US Airways. So, a couple of managers are moving around as part of the reorg and a position has opened for which they recommended me. Worst case is that I don't get it and stay in this position, which I enjoy anyway. No, wait. Maybe worst case is that I get it. Ha ha.

Reorgs always cause a need for a lot of data analysis, so I need to get going on providing some information. Thanks for your continued patronage.

1 comment:

Lindsay Ward said...

Good luck in your interview. I'll answer for Architect Bro since he is a little (or alot...depends on who you ask) slack in the blog reading department. Yes, their house is completely done and looks great. They are now focusing their energy on a possible master bath remodel. But in the meantime, they are getting ready for a long trip around the world to visit their wonderful daughter and son-in-law. They get to Auckland on July 28th!