Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Changes Never Changes

The need for change seems to be the only thing that never changes at work. We are in the midst of another re-org and the Project Management Office is impacted this time. We are being split into several smaller groups and moved into the business we support instead of being in an IT area that supports all businesses. We were organized like this in 2009, so this may also cycle around in a few years.

In support of this change, we will need to go through a period of reviewing the currently active work and deciding which projects are still needed. Maybe Ninja PM can help them?

We are getting haircuts tonight. As you know, I can tell when I need one because my hair gets full and it looks like I am wearing a toupee. I will tell Phyll to focus on cutting out the gray. Luckily, she cannot really do that since that would then leave me bald.

Mom and Dad were able to come to Chorale practice last night. That is a great sign of how well Mom is healing after her surgery. I don't know if they will make it to the concerts on Sunday, though. I hope so.

Well, to support the new org, they need some reports to help prioritize and evaluate ongoing projects. So, I had better get to work on them. I want to prove I can still snatch the pebble from their hand. Don't understand that reference? Google it.

1 comment:

Lindsay Ward said...

Seriously! Are you sure your company does anything or do they just focusing on finding the best structure!