Tuesday, July 03, 2012

A Cool Surprise

K+L got back from CA last night. They had a good time and really enjoyed Catalina Island. We'll have to go there sometime. And the GRANDS loved the gifts they got. It reminded me of coming back from business trips and the kids said, "Daddy! We're so glad you're back. What did you bring us?" We had a great visit with the girls and swam both days.

What is up with me and fortune telling? Yesterday, it was a fortune cookie. Today, it's fortune telling.




Oh, I almost forgot. Did I mention that the A/C went out on the van? So, we got that fixed. The temps here are unbearable anyway, and I think it would be dangerous driving around kids (especially a two-month old) with no air conditioning.  While we were out, I went ahead and got the A/C fixed on Kyle's commuter car. So, they got back to a cool surprise. Get it? A/C? Cool (as in temp) and cool (as in fun and exciting)? OK, just checking. Don't bite my head off.

We are still in the midst of getting the final bathroom design and choosing colors and tiles and fixtures, etc. So, no date nor final price established yet.

I've decided to take tomorrow off, so no CoV nor blog entry. OK, fine. We all get tomorrow off for Fourth of July. However, there is a chance of rain, so there may be no fireworks. Then again, since it should still be over 100° at 9pm, I am not sure I will be out there anyway. How about you? Do you never miss a chance to sit out under the stars and watch fireworks, or is it OK to watch the show on TV?

I've got a 9am meeting and I need to get some numbers ready, so I'll leave you with Katy Perry singing "Firework."
'Cause baby you're a firework
Come on, show 'em what you're worth
Make 'em go "Oh, Oh, Oh"
As you shoot across the sky-y-y

Baby, you're a firework
Come on, let your colours burst
Make 'em go "Oh, Oh, Oh"
You're gonna leave 'em all in "awe, awe, awe"

Boom, boom, boom
Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon
Boom, boom, boom
Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon

2 comments:

Lewis said...

Those Katy Perry lyrics are just so profound and inspiring, it brings a tear to my eye. OK, not really, but happy 4th to you anyway.

Lindsay Ward said...

This is definitely my first fourth of July to wear a sweater, jacket, and gloves and my first to work!