Monday, July 30, 2012

Oh, My Aching Back

Did I mention we would be spending the weekend getting classrooms ready for school? Well, whether I mentioned it or not, that is where most of the weekend went. We worked until 9:45pm on Friday night, 9pm or so on Saturday, and got home early last night at 8pm. Ali's room started with boxes in the middle of the floor containing 27 desks, 27 chairs, 1 teacher's desk, 2 teacher's chairs, a filing cabinet, a 4'x6' cubby, and textbooks for math, literature and social studies. We ended with almost everything in place for tonight. the remaining cleanup with happen this afternoon after training. The open house begins at 5pm, but she'll be ready.

Now, will the rest of the school be equally prepared? I hope so. The gym/lunchroom is still being worked on. hallway boards are still being hung, the bathroom equipment and supplies are still stacked in the halls, construction fencing is still surrounding much of the complex. And with rain in the forecast today, it will be a challenging time until 4:30 or so to get ready.

So, I have not seen hardly any of the Olympics yet. I saw a few highlights of the opening ceremony, including the Queen skydiving with 007. And I heard on the news that Phelps came in 4th in his first race. That's what I know so far.

I also know that football season is coming. Can you believe there is still a team called the Redskins? In these days of political correctness? Luckily, Dallas still has its Cowboys... so far.

I did take time to go to church yesterday. Aren't I devoted? Anyway, in Bible Study (I still think of it as Sunday School), we are studying "Trusting God: Even When Life Hurts" by Dr. Jerry Bridges. It is a good study, although we as a class tend to shy away from the discomfort of discussing Calvinism and election of Saints.

Hey, sorry for taking up so much time this morning that none of you get to discuss your weekend. Oh well, it is my blog. I am outta here (meaning ending this post, not actually leaving work to go home which won't happen for 8-9 hours).

No comments: