Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Nothing Wrong With This Job

You may guess from today's post title that I did not get the job for which I applied. You may now ask if I was upset at not being offered the position. No, really. You may ask. I think the only thing I am upset about is that he did not want me and not so much that I am not moving into a high-stress, high-visibility (albeit higher paying) job. Luckily, I really like my current job and my current manager, so I know that the Lord worked through this. There will be another position that better suits my skill set, so I will be patient and wait on the Lord. After all, "Deus nobiscum, quis contra?"

Why did I suddenly start spouting Latin? Why do you ask? Doesn't everyone? No, actually, it is to provide a transition to today's CoV.

I am really stuck on the final decisions regarding rebuilding the master bath. I think I am going to have to ask the contractor to meet us at Home Depot and push us on the final choices. We are already in trouble as far as all three needing to take showers around the same time each morning. And then it will take several weeks of demolition and construction before it gets better. OK, you talked me into it. I will drop him a note this morning.

One challenge about the AZ monsoon season is that we have both high temps and high humidity for a while. Much of the year, swamp coolers provide sufficient cooling on homes and businesses. During monsoon time, though, you have to use an A/C. Still, even then, it is pretty uncomfortable outside. When we went to bed last night, we were feeling the humidity so the house felt warmer than the 74°F we had cooled it to.

Lindsay, I do not actually have a Doris Day album. However, in a weird fit of verisimilitude, I will admit that I remember the songs and movies myself and not from a grandparent.

Craig, after so many years of being a low-level manager and now being away for four years, I miss it. So, yes, I do want some increased responsibility because I enjoyed that part of the job. OK, sure, the money would have been really nice, too.

Hey, thanks for sticking with me through today's post. There were a lot of words in a lot of languages, so if you got lost...Welcome to the club. Now, age quod agis, OK?

2 comments:

Lewis said...

You probably remember the Doris Day songs because, as kids, we used to have to watch "stupid old Lawrence Welk". As you said yesterday, Que Sera Sera on the job issue. The next opportunity may be better.

Lindsay Ward said...

Sorry to hear you didn't get the position but glad you are ok with it. Good luck on the bathroom!