Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Pre-Thanksgiving Thanks Giving

Did you remember that yesterday was the 23rd anniversary of the assassination of President John F Kennedy? Do you believe the finding that Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone gunman? I guess we'll never know for sure.

If you are like me, and I know that you are not, you have wondered what the difference is between a street and an avenue and a road. No, I have never actually wondered that, but I came across a video where they explain the differences.

Funny road sign juxtaposition (good word, right?):



















Cat selfie, anyone?















I was looking at Amazon last night for some heavy-duty 10ft Lightning cables for our iPhones. You know how it is when you start looking around in Amazon, though. I also want to get some additional propellers for my drone. I do not have any replacements for the silver-topped ones. I saw a sale for FPV (first-person view) goggles. So, as I dug around, it led me to Youtube for people using those goggles to fly their drones, which means you are seeing through the camera as your eyes. That led me to seeing a video about putting prop guards on my drone, which would then require some adjustment on my carrying case so the bases could remain attached. And all of this while watching Designated Survivor on television.

Up near Montrose, CO, we came across this little lake at Chipeta State Park that looked picturesque. So, I made everyone pull over while I took some photos. The first one I captured showed these cattails on the near shore. I was not able to determine if the lake itself has a name.













Zooming in on the far side revealed this small pier.













There is a walking path around this lake, with benches for those who want to sit and relax, or maybe sit and take photos.



















Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I hope my reminders to give thanks for everything have gotten you in the spirit of the season. We really should be giving thanks more often than we do (well, maybe I am only speaking for myself. That's OK). I have so many blessings and yet, I often take them for granted. I hope that you are more cognizant of the ways God has blessed you. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: