Tuesday, November 01, 2016

No to Candy, No to Cake, Yes to Mountains

It looks like I will start a new job on Wednesday. I completed all the final paperwork today, so I don't see any roadblocks right now. I'll share more once I actually start work, so be patient for a couple more days.

I did not give out candy last night. Just as planned, I turned off the porch light before it was even dark. No one even rang the bell. Maybe I should have allowed them to come by and been ready with treats like this guy.



















If you did give out candy, have you ever wondered how much it would take to kill you? Me neither, but someone did. Read this article to find the formula.

If you look East from the town square of Ridgway, Colorado, you can see the San Juan Mountains and the distinctive outline of Courthouse Mountain, which can be seen in the climactic gun battle of the original True Grit with John Wayne. It has sort of a flat top and is to the left of the center of the photo. You can also see the Fall colors.













If you look to the West from the town square, you can see this building currently labeled as the Fire Department. I don't think it is used as a fire department building anymore, but it can be seen in True Grit. I did not find anything about what signage it showed in the movie.



















While looking for more True Grit trivia, I came across a page listing True Grit, Then and Now. It shows a few more things we should go see next time we are up in the area. If you are heading up, let me know. Maybe I will meet you there.

Here's another of those cakes where the decorator took the request too literally.



















That is enough information for one day. I don't want to overload you when you are still recovering from your candy hangover. I'll be back soon.

No comments: