Tuesday, September 20, 2016

You've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, Voldemort?

Happy Birthday to AAD! You know who you are. You know how old you are. You know we are proud of you.

Nice mash-up of different movie franchises.






















Going old-school in this cray-cray technological age.






















I do often read and interpret things differently from most of you, but even I had never thought of this. I like it...a lot.






















Today's devotional talks about Luke 18:1-8, where a persistent widow bugs an unjust judge enough that he finally gives her what she wants so she will leave him alone. As the devotional author points out, that is not mean to imply that God only answers prayers if we constantly bother him with pleas. No, it is contrasting this judge with God. The devotional notes that, "Jesus is trying to get us to realize God's never-ending love and faithfulness to His children. We are to see that all that God is, the judge is not. God is always willing to hear us and to answer our prayers if according to His will. He always hears the cries of His own elect or chosen ones. Indeed, God will avenge or vindicate His people. The point is that, if the unjust judge—who could not have cared less for the widow—at length responded to her cry merely to rid himself of her aggravating requests, then shall not God—who loves His chosen people and gave His Son for us—answer our prayers when we are under trial or in need?"

Did you see that the 1964 musical Hello, Dolly is coming back to Broadway? It set a number of records back then, but all have since been broken. It last played on Broadway in 1995. Now, it is coming back with Bette Midler playing the titular role. Why am I sharing this with you? The ticket sales set a Broadway record of just over $9 million in ONE DAY. That's unbelievable.

George H.W. Bush to vote for Hillary? That's unbelievable.

This is Hill House, our cabin during the recent family reunion. It was an OK place to stay. As you can see, there are a lot of stairs in this multi-story cabin. That also makes it a lot of disjointed rooms. You can see MBH sitting on the front porch. If you look back at the post from July 22, you will see this photo used to make cool images using the Prisma app on my smartphone.

















Want a better view of my beautiful, beloved wife? I know that you do because I do.






















More than once, some of the grandkids or great-grandkids would see me from behind and call me Granddad and start talking to me. Once I would turn around, they would realize that I was not their 'Granddad" and ask where he was. I guess I am looking more and more like him. You can judge for yourself in this photo and him with Mom there on that same bridge just downstream on Cascade Creek from Cascade Falls.






















Have you ever heard of the band REO Speedwagon? If you are of a certain age, or have to listen to oldies radio stations with your parents or grandparents, you might have heard the songs Can't Fight This Feeling or Keep on Loving You. Well, introducing you to a new (I mean old, but maybe new to you) singing group is not my point. I recently saw on the cable music channel that the name came from a small truck manufactured in the early 20th century called REO Speed Wagon. Once I researched that, I found out "They named the band REO Speedwagon, from the REO Speed Wagon, a flatbed truck Neal Doughty had studied in transportation history in college, and the initials are those of its founder Ransom E. Olds. Rather than pronouncing REO as a single word as the motor company did, they chose to spell out the name with the individual letters each pronounced (R-E-O)." So, there's some rock-and-roll history for you.

Which celebrity photos might you seek out if you were going to Photoshop yourself into them? Well, our new buddy found a good one with Taylor Swift and helped her out with some lyrics.
















From the Nailed It file, here is a lovely (not) Great Gatsby cake.
















Well, the ticker is giving up on me. No, wait! That sounds all wrong. What I meant was that the clock on the wall shows me that I am out of time for blogging. Don't read anything into it. I am out of time, so if you read this, you made it through another blog post. You are a glutton for punishment. Please come back for more on another day. Until then, it is gonna be a Terrific Tuesday.

No comments: