Thursday, September 22, 2016

Doggie Stilts? Ms Sherlock Holmes? Penguins on Acid?

I thought this was totally silly and funny.


















This is something I did not know because I don't watch Fox News.






















I liked the quote in today's 365 Stupidest Things Ever Said calendar:
Giving debt relief to people that really need it, that’s what foreclosure is.
JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon

One of the outcomes of our family reunion this summer was a surprisingly passionate appeal to family that we raise the next generation with the values instilled in us by our own family. I voiced this request in a couple of videos captured during the trip and included in the DVD of the reunion that Dad released afterward. What brought this to mind? The passing of daughter-in-love's grandfather earlier this week made me think about the legacy he left behind. It is not just about him. Of course, I can see his legacy in his kids and grandkids and great-grandkids. I experienced it in the music that he and his wife would share in church services. I was part of it directly in my hundreds of encounters with him over the years. This has made me consider what my legacy will be. I hope it makes you consider what yours will be. I hope my legacy includes strong spiritual lives in my kids and grandkids. I hope they see me sharing the resources God blessed me with to impact the lives of those around me including the importance of tithing. I pray it even includes the importance of vacation for a chance for our kids and grandkids to see their father and grandfather in situations away from the pressures and restrictions of our daily lives. Hopefully, Gale's family is remembering those same things about him.

Speaking of daughter-in-love, here she is in a Sherlock Holmes-ish pose. No, I don't remember what she is using as a pipe.






















Here is a shot of Architect Bro watching me take his photo through binoculars. You can also see that a nephew spotted me taking the photo and assumed a totally natural pose.












And now, Preacher Bro watched me take his photo while taking a photo of me taking a photo. Did you get lost in that sentence? I know that I did.


















Before we go, let's see a lovely example from the Nailed IT! file:















Someone came by and talked to me for a while just now, eating up some of the time I normally devote to y'all. That means I am out of time for blogging. No time to talk about the 33rd season of Survivor, or the presidential campaign and my excitement for both candidates, or why 'Everything's Alright' from Jesus Christ Superstar has been stuck in my mind for 2 days.I don't even have time to tell you about others things for which I have no time. OK, let's wrap it up. I will be back soon. Hopefully, you'll be back as well.

No comments: