Friday, September 16, 2016

Fist Bumps and Little Piggys and HRH Queen Elizabeth

It is relatively uncommon that I like both of my digital calendar entries on the same day. Luckily for both of us, today is one of those days. First, the 365 Stupidest Things Ever Said entry:
“I would not ever want to say there are not people on our campus that at first in the classroom are not hard to understand, at least until students get used to them,” Watkins said.
Bloomington (Illinois) Pantagraph

And then, the joke from the Bad Jokes and Hilarious Puns calendar:
A softball team and a football team from the same college both had tournaments at another college out of state, so to save on travel expenses they chartered a double-decker bus. The softball team rode on the bottom level of the bus, and the football team rode on the top. The softball players were having a great time on the bottom level, listening to music and chatting happily, until the captain of the team realized that they hadn't heard a peep from the football team in over an hour. She climbed the stairs to investigate, and found the football team staring straight ahead at the road, frozen in fear, clutching the seats in front of them with white knuckles. “What's going on up here?” asked the softball captain. “We're having a great time downstairs!” “Yeah,” hissed a terrified football player, “but you've got a driver!”

More than once, MBH and I have bantered about my penchant for driving once the Low Fuel indicator is lit. How quickly do you head for the gas station once you see it? Well, yourmechanic.com put together a little chart showing how far some of the more popular cars can go before they are truly empty. From what I see, the least is 25 miles and a couple can still go upwards of 100 miles after the light comes on.















Jennifer Lawrence has never once invited me to go horseback riding. I guess she did not invite this guy either, so he Photoshopped himself into one of her photos.



















And while the country was friendly when my family visited a few years ago, we were not welcomed with open arms like this guy apparently was. Actually, I think this Photoshopping job was a little less successful than the horseback photo above, probably because his photo looks a little lighter than Her Majesty's.
















AAD uses Chase Bank, but I do not. I am at a credit union. However, I do like this commercial for Chase with a couple walking a piglet and the background music is Shaggy. Mr. Boombastic. I like the song (well, at least the part I am hearing on the commercial). So, here it is in case you missed it on TV.

And on youtube, the next video that came up was a compilation of cat commercials, so you can watch that here if you are cat-inclined.

Want another newspaper blackout? I've got one right here. And it is quite timely here in the middle of the presidential campaigns.






















Read the small print. It's always helpful.

















Some people may have noticed that I was feeling overwhelmed and depressed in recent posts. I am happy to report that things have improved a bit and it is now more like feeling super busy and a little anxious. That's better, right? Anyway, I recently read this article about how to respond when adversity hits. It did have some good suggestions.

In the video my father put together of the recent family reunion, he included at least one photo from this series, but not all. I'd like to share the group because it shows a great-nephew working his way through a 'girl cousins' photo, shoot giving each a fist bump. His mommy is in the middle. Enjoy,


















We are going to see Cabaret tonight. I am medium excited. It will be a fun time with family, and seeing a show live is always better than video or a film version, but this is not one of my favorite musicals. So, yeah, let's color me happy for the family time.

We did it. We all made it to Friday. I did lose a couple of friends at work who have gone on the (hopefully) greener pastures, but still, it's Friday. let's embrace that. It means we are coming up to some drone time, and some non-work time. It also moves us farther through September and towards Fall temperatures and colors. Yeah, baby. OK, make it Fantastic, everyone. See you next week.

No comments: