Monday, December 21, 2015

Christmas Countdown 2015 (T-Minus 4 Days)

Hurry. There may still be time to pick up the gift that will make everyone happy. The NoPhone. Read the details of what it does not offer here.














How will you pay for it, though? Fear not, I have got you covered. You were tired of your current job anyway, right? Check out the book I found on Amazon this morning.




















On Dec. 21, 1988, a terrorist bomb exploded aboard a Pan Am Boeing 747 over Lockerbie, Scotland, killing 270 people. I took the family to that memorial one year and it was quite somber.

We have spoken before about how I save some images as inspiration. I liked this shot of the NYC skyline in these bright colors surrounded by the white of the canvas. No, I am not sure what I will do with it yet, but since it made me look twice, I captured it.
















When Disney bought the Star Wars series a few years ago, did you think it was a good investment or a poor one. I thought it was a smart move, but regardless of what any of us thought, this weekend showed it was probably a wise purchase. Star Wars: The Force Awakens made over $500 million its first weekend ($238 million in the US). And they have the rights to make five more movies. I have not seen it yet, so now, the challenge is to avoid spoilers until I can get to a theater. Did you see it yet? What did you think?



















MBH also wants to see the movie, so maybe we can catch it during the holidays.












This is kind of cool, although I would rarely take the time to capture all the needed shots. A photographer takes for photos for a couple of hours as day turns into night, or night turns into morning, He then uses slices from the individual shots to build a cool blended photo of the scene. You can see more examples here.

















Hopefully, you had a copy of this bingo card for the Democratic debate this past weekend.
























When we go to Disneyland, I always try to catch the Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln animatronic show on Main Street. So, when we were at the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World, I knew I wanted to see the Hall of the Presidents, which has all 43 of the presidents on the stage. Clinton, George W., and Obama all recorded their speeches themselves. Washington and Lincoln did not. In the current show, only Washington, Lincoln and Obama speak. I enjoyed it, but I think the grandeur of the overall presentation is better at Disneyland.


















I don't think I have shared a photo of our first meal at WDW. Mine was BBQ at it was pretty good. It came just like this, so I was a little surprised. No, come on. Of course, I had started eating when MBH reminded me to capture a shot. As always, even though a beverage was included, I grabbed a water.


















And that gets up off to a great start for the week of Christmas, 2015. If you are not ready, you have just three more days, so see if you can leave work early today. Tell them I said it was OK. And I will be back soon with more things to share.

No comments: