Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Stirring Up Memories and Stirring Up Today's Comic

One of the rides we most enjoyed at Epcot was Test Track. Disney is very wise in how the stage the waiting line for rides and this one is no exception. My favorite part was they moved us into a room when we designed our own car. Here, you can see us making some design decisions, including gas mileage, engine power, external body shape, etc.
















Once you finish the design, you save it on your wrist band and it is used as part of the ride displays to see how well you did. This shot shows what our car would look like.
















After that diversion, we were finally loaded onto the cars. The girls were so excited.
















Following the ride, we moved into an area where you could use your designed vehicle to interact with various displays. Here, the girls are posing in front of their car in a winter wonderland.
















How does it compare to Radiator Springs Racers in California Adventure? I like the Disneyland ride a little better because it involves a race between two cars, and the ride features several characters and scenes from the Cars movie. However, the Test Track race is a little faster, which is cool.

I saw a link I wanted to investigate, but my company blocked it. It suggested that a group of students signed a petition to block the radio from playing "White Christmas" because it is racist. I imagine you are saying, as I did, that the song is about a snowy day, not people. The creator of the petition notes that only white snow is acceptable. Yellow and brown snow is bad. I want to research this at home, It cannot be for real.

This Pull-apart Christmas Tree Bread looked so yummy in the photo that I brought up the article. And it is made from store-bought pizza dough. It is covered in butter and garlic. Yumm. Unfortunately for me, they say to put a small piece of cheese inside each ball. Now why did they go and ruin it for me?













Oh, I just came across a majorly cool page. You can see all the family's Christmas cards here, but they are all based on famous Beatles albums. Here are a few:





















I know, right?

No, I STILL have not seen the new Star Wars movie. Of course, if you know me, you know that I will still use it as a subject for a comic. No spoilers here.












And with that, I will bid adieu. Oh hey. If you are ever in the Flagstaff area around Christmas, you might consider attending the North Pole Experience with your kids. My family just got back from it and they had a great time. OK, make it a Wonderful Wednesday.

No comments: