Friday, December 11, 2015

Is Blogging 'Work'?

Yesterday, I shared the favorite ride of JV. Today, I will share mine. The closest parallel to rides at Disneyland is Space Mountain since this all takes place indoors.
















Apparently, for the last 20 years, Walt Disney World has been sharing the Osborne Family Lights at Disney's Hollywood Studios. However, this is the last year of the lights to make room for a new attraction. I thought I didn't care, but it was really fun.
















Crazy scenes like this are just part of the fun.
















Decorated street scenes like this were also amazing.
























How did they get those Christmas trees to float like that?
















As we left the area, I looked back and decided to catch a final shot of the toy soldiers.
























After yesterday's glut of stories, I am coming up with goose-egg today. So, I am reaching back into a small backlog of ideas that I maintain in my email. Let's see what I find.

First, I came across a story of some fancy-dancy gingerbread houses. The first I will share is a 35,823,400 calorie version from Bryan, TX. It is a 62x42x20 ft castle built in 2013. Yes, it did break a Guinness World Record.
















The article also shares a gingerbread village of 1,050 houses, a gingerbread Sphinx, and even Harry Potter's house.

Another link I saved is ideas on making yourself work when you are not in the mood (which only applies to me, oh, everyday). Ideas include breaking it into smaller time buckets, breaking the task into smaller steps, focus on the positive elements of completing it, and others.

Recently, one of my granddaughters had a birthday. I want to wish her a Happy Birthday here. More importantly and more excitingly (is that a word?), she is being baptized this weekend, so that will make it a great weekend for me, no matter what else happens.

Do you text others more often than actually talking to them? I do, kind of, but my son and daughter definitely do. Likely, then, they will know this textiquette more than me. It seems that ending your text line with a 'period' is seen as less sincere. An exclamation point is the punctuation of choice. I think I am maybe 50/50 on using periods in texts.













You know what I need to do right now. Make myself work when I am not in the mood. See how I did that, referring to a previous link in today's post? Still, I do need to do that, so I will let you start your weekend.

No comments: