Friday, December 18, 2015

Inspiration Comes in Many Forms

Oreos. Either you love them... or you don't. I like them, but my eye was still drawn to the challenge of turning them into Christmas trees, or lollipops. It's worth checking out, even if you are not surprised. Maybe they will inspire you to dress up your Oreos.













Are any of you taking a statistics course right now? You should see if they will let you pick a topic to research, such as the use of The Force in Star Wars movies. Which was used more often? Light side or Dark side of the Force? Did you guess Light? That is true in all episodes except Episode III. And who used it the most? And which skills of The Force were most often employed? Read more stats about The Force here.










I don't see that I have shared this link about the making of Captain EO with you yet. I always enjoyed seeing that film at Disneyland. I was glad they brought it back for a while. Anyway, some good stuff here.

I've been counting down your shopping days, so you have no excuse if you are not ready in seven days. Here is a little shopping guide to help you. They include items like a Kennedy campaign pin, a Trump campaign hat, cookie cutters shaped like states, Lincoln logs, and other stuff.

Many people have Thanksgiving-style food over the Christmas holiday. Here is an article ranking how the traditional side dishes taste over time. It boggles my mind that brussel sprouts have stayed consistently in the middle of the pack. There are other rankings in the article.


















Did you see that the federal government will now require registration of most drones. Are you getting or giving one this holiday season? Just warn the recipient about this new regulation. Now, how do you pick which device to purchase? This article can help you. They have models ranging from $14 to over $3,100.

I have mentioned before that I often take inspiration photos to consider ways to showcase my own photographs. We went to a store the other day (Michaels?) and I liked these flower photos. I don't have any specific personal shots that could work, but I liked the way these flowers were cropped, so the photos are meant to remind me of that option.
























This one shows me a way to use a vertical diptych to complete the full image. Again, I don't' know how or when I might use the idea, but it will help me remember it.
























We have one more concert this year in Chorale, I really enjoy the singing, but I won't mind a break, either. So, let's look at what I think is the next trend in conducting.












Another week is in the books. Only six shopping days until Christmas. Only six workdays left until 2016. Countless days left until the election is behind us and no more political ads. Have a great weekend, my friends.

No comments: