Monday, December 28, 2015

Star Wars, And More

We saw the new Star Wars flick over the weekend. It was really good. We wanted to see it before we heard any of the spoilers. If you plan to see it and enjoy any surprises that might exist, you'd better hurry. Yahoo rated it as one of the 40 best of the year. In fact, it was one of only two from the list that I saw this year.

And then, I saw this article about the worst movies of 2015 (according to Yahoo). I have only seen one of them (and that was on TV), and I haven't even heard of more than half of them.

There is apparently one movie that is perhaps the worst in history. It sounds like only seven people have ever seen the Jerry Lewis written and directed film The Day The Clown Cried. It has been donated to the National Film Registry. If you read the article, you will see enough to convince you that it is not a film you would want to see.

Have you ever been to Florence, Italy? No? Well, the closest thing to that around these parts would be either The Venetian in Las Vegas or Epcot at Walt Disney World. Personally, I would prefer WDW, but that's just me. First, I saw this shot of one of the little towers from across the lagoon (lake?).
























We then made our way around the lake (lagoon?) to see the tower close up.
























As we left the area, I looked back and caught that same tower with the building architecture below it and the reflection of the sun on the water.
















$1 billion in 12 days? That's crazy. And it didn't happen 'A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..." That reminds me, did I tell you that we saw Star Wars over the weekend?

For much less that that, a man in Switzerland spent one year and something less than $10,000 to build a 32 inch long model of the Millennium Falcon. You can see more photos here. This story reminds me to mention that we saw Star Wars over the weekend and liked it.















Last night, we saw Straight No Chaser, an a cappella group, in concert. You can hear one of the songs that they sang, Movie Medley, on youtube. We had a great time. Thanks for Saleman Son and family for this gift.

It is time to get to work. Oh wait, let's see this first.












NOW, it's time to do some work. I've got a meeting in less than an hour that I have not yet prepared for. We can visit more another day. OK? Oh, and go see Star Wars, if I haven't mentioned that before.

No comments: