Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Chips and Ships and Ticket To Ride Trips

Do you know all of the ingredients in Cool Ranch Doritos? Even if you know their names, would you recognize them if they accosted you in a dark alley and left you battered and bruised? I don't think that you would know them, but now, you may have a chance to see them coming and run. Here is a photo of those elusive ne'er-do-wells. You can also look through this article and see ingredients from some other foods.








MBH has a Keurig and uses it multiple times each day. I think we do have K-Cups for tea and hot chocolate, but she prefers plain, black coffee. My son, SS, though, prefers espresso which is more like plain, black, STRONG coffee. Anyway, I can't imagine that either will purchase Keurig's new soda-making machine, Kold. First, the price of entry is a $300 machine. Second, it will cost almost $1.25 per 8-oz glass of soda. Anyone who chooses this is not doing so to save money. They want the convenience of choosing their own flavors and mix-ins. They want to minimize storage and waste of aluminum cans (although this does take up additional counter space). Well, it will be an interesting struggle.

Oh, wow. Another day of no articles from the world wide web to share. What is up with that? Have my standards changed? Not that I know of. So, it must mean that the web's storehouse of interesting and fun articles is down to presenting less-interesting stuff. I won't give up, though, people. I'll keep searching for both of our sakes.

Have you purchased any candy yet for Halloween? Come on. 'Fess up. We have not (and hopefully, we won't). Still, I remember the days of sneaking some of the candy before Halloween arrived. Nowadays, I try to eat a more balanced diet.























Do you like to play board or card games? Good for you. I do, too. I have several at home, and we will periodically have a game night at SS's house (although we often end up not playing many/any games). I came across an article talking about adult (not THAT kind of adult) games that are fun. Games like Ticket to Ride, Bohnanza, Catan. I have only played five of the eleven listed, and I own none of them. Amazing, right?

Do you need a new shelf in your house? Come on, who doesn't? Well, how about one that resembles the starship Enterprise from the Star Trek series? If you've got some cardboard, Popsicle sticks, glue and time, you can make one of you own. Follow the steps here.















Do you watch Shark Tank? We do, and I know that my folks do, too. Anyway, a year or two ago, a dude went on the program with a web-enabled doorbell, allowing you to talk to someone at your door from anywhere you happen to be (maybe on vacation in Colorado). He was asking for a $700,000.00 investment in exchange for a 10% stake. I don't think anyone invested, but it did catch the attention of Richard Branson. The $7 million valuation may have seemed inflated for a brand new product at the time, but in less than two years, the Doorbot's valuation is now closer to $70 million. That's pretty incredible.

The day always seems to start before I am ready. I had better catch up before it rounds the corner and I cannot see it. Have a Wonderful Wednesday.

No comments: