Thursday, September 10, 2015

Two Days in a Row?

I am really struggling to find shareable articles or facts to add to the post. Where is all the fun news? I don't want to post an article about Hillary and email server-gate. I'm tired of Tom Brady and deflate-gate. I'll dig a little more before I throw in the towel, but it is pretty dry out there.

I did see this story about a Yahoo writer who tried several of the Starbuck's secret menu drinks. Her #10 is Skittles, which should surprise... no one. I will let you know that #1 is Butterbeer. Read what she says about each and make your own choice.

Remember my vegan days? Me, too. However, I was not obsessive about every ingredient in what I ate. I didn't think about that until I saw this article about foods that vegetarians cannot eat. Just because a food contains gelatin (made from animal skin and bones) was not one of my search criteria. White sugar is bad? Really?

And that article led me to find this next one about how long foods last after opening. Hot dogs only last one week in the fridge? How long have those been in your fridge? More than a week, I would imagine. Wine is also good for only one week? Well, not that I would know any differently. How long for ketchup? Well, I don't want to spoil all the surprises.

Is the 't' silent on the name of the Harry Potter character Voldemort? See what J.K. Rowling thinks.

When was the last time you went to Ikea? It has been a few months for me, but my point is that you pass through the decorative art section on your way out. Have you ever liked the presentation of one of their frames but wished you could replace their art with something of your own? This enterprising person did just that with the Ikea Olunda Shadowbox.





















When was the last time you went to a Disney park? It has been a few months for me, but my point is that you do not have to go to a park to enjoy the chilly goodness of a Dole Whip. You can whip one up at home (see what I did there?). When you read this paragraph, did you pronounce 'whip' correctly?




















Now, that would probably be a lot of sugar, so drink responsibly. And try to control your intake better than in today's CoV.












When was the last time you whipped out your builder's apron and installed built-in cabinets (see what I did with 'whip' there? Did you pronounce it correctly this time)? Anyway, this English woman had a couple of interesting ideas for how to build you own shelving and install it without just buying and setting up an Ikea unit. And it will look more professional. It does take more time, though.

OK, even though yesterday was a 14-hr workday, it doesn't mean I can slow down today. So, I've gotta run. Have a Thunderous Thursday (does that mean it will be good or bad?).

No comments: