Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Mary Poppins 2: The Naughty Nanny?

Do you remember if I shared anything the other day about a computer program that can paint in the style of famous masters? I think I did, but today, I came across a new assignment for the program. Presidential portraits in the style of Picasso. Here are a couple, but you can see the rest here.































Have you heard about dead artists coming back as holograms? Weird thought, right? Maybe even creepy. Have you seen anything about them? Well, here, watch Elvis and Celine sing a duet. It is actually very good. How do they do it?

11 useful internet sites. What can you learn form them? Things like yoga, drawing, speed reading, coding, guitar, build your own solar food dehydrator. Go. Learn something. Or just read my blog everyday and you will learn something (like how to waste time daily reading a crazy website).

Mary Poppins 2: The Naughty Nanny. No, I don't have any idea what they will name it, but did you hear that Disney is developing a new Mary Poppins musical with Rob Marshall set to direct? It will be twenty years after the first, and will take storylines from other P.L. Travers’ children books about Mary Poppins (it looks like there are at least 7 more).

Do you hate it when your lettuce or arugula (Actually, I don't think I've ever bought that) go bad before you use them? Well, one article suggests that she has had them last up to a month and stay fresh. How, you may ask? Really. It's OK to ask. I said you could. Leave them in your salad spinner. Read the details here.

Don't kids seem to be growing up a lot faster than when you were young? I think so.












I did not know there was a need to find the perfect beer to pair with each NFL team. They chose Deep Ellum Dreamcrusher for the Dallas Cowboys. They said "When it’s the Cowboys, no time is the wrong time for crushed dreams." Hey, that sounded almost derogatory.

Does your town have a subway? Mine does not, but we have visited plenty of places that do. I always kind of enjoy them. However, staying on one for 14 hours does NOT sound like fun. A man in NY rode the subway for 14 hours, traveled 155 miles, and only bought a single ticket. I suppose you could try to break his record if you choose. I'll wait for the article to learn about your journey. Good luck.

Have you ever used Waze instead of Google Maps to travel? Our nephew got us onto it, and I like it. Would I like it even better if it featured the voice talents of Stephen Colbert? Duh. Who wouldn't? Still, you might prefer Arnold Schwarzenegger. To each his own. Anyway, try the app on your smartphone. On our recent trip to LA, it warned us a couple of times that a police car had been reported ahead. Sure enough.

Let's look at a photo from the weekend before we call it a day. Here we are at our family-style meal. You can see Middle GRAND explaining the dishes to me.


















Yesterday was a 12-hour workday. Today should only be 11-1/2 hours. Hey, it's moving in the right direction. Make it your Tremendous Tuesday, alright?

No comments: