Thursday, September 24, 2015

You Cannot Snack on Bacon Cufflinks

I'd bet you are reading this blog post thinking, "Wow. I wish I could see a few weird items that I could pick up on Etsy." You are in luck, my friend. You know, things like a 'Let It Go' decal you can put on the underside of the toilet seat. Or bacon cufflinks. Just go check out the list and decide which ones you want for Christmas.

Would you spend $4,000 to buy a fun bed for your little bundle of joy? Maybe you would, but I would not. One dude thought the same thing and built his own out of IKEA furniture. Was it EASY? No, it took him over two months at 1-2 hours per night. However, it has some COOL features (a hidden entrance to a hidden crawl space). Look at it below and read about it here.
















I came across a story whose headline looked interesting. Replacing expensive shampoo with common kitchen ingredients. The opening paragraph states, "You swap your shampoo for the dynamic duo of baking soda and apple cider vinegar and, supposedly, your hair literally thanks you (in the form of silky smooth almost-back-to-its-natural-state hair). This intrigued me, and thus, this two-week-long experiment was born." Well, do you wonder what the author thinks of the change? I did. Except.... I never see any mention of vinegar in the article, only baking soda. Go look and see if you can decipher what she actually uses. Ed. note: She does include a link to this article about how this process should actually work.

This next photo shows a story that I didn't actually read. The headline told me enough about the story. No, I am sharing it because of the use of an uncommon word in the thumbnail. Can you see it? 'Pilots decry stadium lights'. Who uses the word 'decry' anymore? When was the last time you said it, or even read it?














I have shared almost all of the photos from the Old West town visit with the GRANDS a couple of weeks ago. Here is a view looking north down the main street, Yes, there are a few people, but I waited until most had left the street.

















And a shot looking East from the same location as the previous photo.






















And finally, a shot of the church building at the end of town.






















No, I did not go bowling last night, but I needed that premise to make the joke work.











I have to get a root canal this morning. I am not excited. However, I arranged the appointment time to be later so I can attend the daily 8am call. I need to get ready for that, so I will end the blog post immediatel

No comments: