Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Zero, Zip, Nada... Things I Found to Share

I sat on the freeway for an hour yesterday. No, make that 1-1/2 hours. Thirty minutes of that was due to the usual traffic snarls. The other hour was because I had a flat. I debated fixing it myself, but it was raining and isn't this why I have AAA? Yes, it is. So, I called them and then waited until they arrived and replaced the tire with the spare. No, I will need to go get a tire. Hmm, do I go ahead and get two (because you are supposed to replace the front or back as a pair at once) or just one? We'll see how I feel when I get around to this.

This is NOT GOOD, people. I found ZERO stories in Yahoo this morning. So, I can pull at least one from my backlog, but I think it will be a short post today.

Here's one about IKEA furniture made over to look all fancy and luxurious. It includes chairs, shelves, dressers, a kitchen cart.... All sorts of things that you can do with the basic IKEA items.

















The final two (alleged) quotes from kids about Bible stories:
A Sunday school class was studying the Ten Commandments. They were ready to discuss the last one. The teacher asked if anyone could tell her what it was. Susie raised her hand, stood tall, and quoted, "Thou shall not take the covers off the neighbors wife.

One particular four-year old prayed, "And forgive us our trash baskets as we forgive those who put trash in our baskets."

One of the attractions at the mining ghost town we visited a few weeks ago was a 'crooked house', similar to Casa Magnetica at Six Flags Over Texas. You can see more about the Six Flags house, including a video, here. First is the illusion that water is running uphill.


















You can see the angle of the room by how SS and the girls are standing.
























The balls on the table are rolling to the upper right corner, in apparent defiance of gravity. I'm glad the granddaughters enjoyed it. Casa Magnetica was always one of my favorite places at Six Flags.


















I did find a little content to share. Here is one more item to share.























OK, I am tired of mining for blog things for today. Check back again in 24 or so and we'll see what I have to share. Have a Tantalizing Tuesday.

No comments: