Wednesday, September 09, 2015

A Good Day for Some Archived Stories

Do you drink enough water during the day? I usually down 5-6 of the regular-sized water bottles (Arrowhead, thank you very much). Anyway, I will admit it does periodically get a bit boring. Here are a few recipes of adding something to make your water a little more fun. The first sounds the most tasty to me.

Let's see if this video of my grandson will play. Nope, it is too large for Blogger. Sorry. Here is a screenshot from the beginning of the video showing him playing a game with me.














I am finding nothing on the web today. I looked through Yahoo, Vox, and TheVerge. Nothing really captured my imagination or interest.

Oh, but I did save a story from yesterday that I did not have room for. It talks about how much study goes into the snack business.
The Frito-Lay chip company takes their potato chip research and development seriously; after extensive research they determined that consumers like a chip that snaps in the mouth when bitten with approximately four pounds of pressure per square inch.

And in a story I have saved since Aug 26, there are only 3 ZIP codes in the US not represented in the Ashley Madison hack. BTW, I checked and there are over 43,000 total ZIP codes in the US. If you wonder which ZIP codes were not in the hacked database, you'll have to read the article.

Remember the alleged stories and quotes that kids said about the Bible? These two are cute, but may or may not factual.
Six-year old Angie, and her four-year old brother, Joel, were sitting together in church. Joel giggled, sang and talked out loud. Finally, his big sister had had enough. "You're not supposed to talk out loud in church." "Why? Who's going to stop me?" Joel asked. Angie pointed to the back of the church and said, "See those two men standing by the door? They're hushers."

A Sunday school class was studying the Ten Commandments. They were ready to discuss the last one. The teacher asked if anyone could tell her what it was. Susie raised her hand, stood tall, and quoted, "Thou shall not take the covers off the neighbors wife.

A ten-year old, under the tutelage of her grandmother, was becoming quite knowledgeable about the Bible. Then, one day, she floored her grandmother by asking, "Which Virgin was the mother of Jesus? The virgin Mary or the King James Virgin.
























Well, I shared a lot more than I thought I would on a slow story day. Still, when time runs out, it runs out. And guess what? It ran out, and so will I . You know that today is Wonderful Wednesday, right? Back soon.

No comments: