Friday, May 29, 2009

The Workweek is Finished, But Not the Laundry


Come on. Everyone who has done the laundry knows that you empty your basket, finish the day, and begin to refill it. I suppose if you did the laundry naked, you could postpone the refill by 24 hrs.

I had just begun to get used to having grandchildren around a bunch and they get their A/C fixed and stop coming around. That's disappointing. I'll probably see them this weekend, though.

Crazy busy at work right now. I'd rather be crazy busy working than crazy busy looking for work. And the pay is better that way, too.

Anything planned for the weekend? I cannot think of anything special for us, but that does not mean nothing is planned. It could just mean that these things are planned without my involvement and I am just tossed to and fro, like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. No, I am not upset. I'll just be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath.

OK, the craziness I hear in the background is now waiting at my cubicle walls. I'll jump in now.

3 comments:

Keith said...

...And once again you tread on preacherly ground. The warning (from which you quoted) is, of course, that we should not be like a wave of the sea.... But since this warning has to do with doctrine, not schedules/activities, then you are on safe ground--relatively speaking.

Craig Weeks said...

I actually have plans of my own making. I'm going to the Colonial golf tournament in Ft. Worth tomorrow. Sometimes Father's Day comes a little early. Of course the Father's Day tradition is that I get to watch the entire final round of the US Open (in HD beginning last year ... don't get excited, it's only 19").

Anonymous said...

Did you forget about the exciting trip to Williams??