Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Clara Peller


Clara Peller did the famous Wendy's commercial in 1984. I do not want to hear that you were not born when that was released.

Dad had his second round of chemo yesterday. He goes in for some follow-up treatment today. I hope he is feeling better than he did after the first chemo.

Obama is here tonight. I see Susan S is going. I'll see how she liked the wait and the het tomorrow. His arrival should not affect my drive home today, though, because I do not use any of those roads.

Speaking of Susan, she sent me a note today about funny names working for companies. Remember when I wrote about that a few months ago and mentioned Peter Pan and Pat Nixon working at Motorola in the 1980s? She found a familiar name working at Intel. Willy Wanca. Nice, huh?

Today's CoV is not what I had originally planned. When I got in today, I read my original strip and it was not even remotely funny. So I pulled tomorrow's strip for publishing. Now, what will I do for tomorrow. I hope to correct today's, but we will see. Oh, the suspense.

Sorry this is a bit later than normal. I had to reboot twice because I was getting horrendous response time, and Blogger would not even come up. As you can see, it is available now.

2 comments:

Lindsay Ward said...

I was 3 when that commercial aired :) You should have put a general warning about not wanting to know how old we were either.

Lewis said...

I would have gone with "steakholder" in the first line.