Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Working Hard or Hardly Working


How dare you assume that I wrote today's Clarity of Vision from experience. It's just a joke, people. Oops. I just blew myself up.

We have fully rejected our chance to hear Obama now. Alison's allocation was returned to ASU, so I couldn't attend if I wanted. The forecast for tomorrow is 102F at 4pm (and our tickets were for 2:30, so we would have been sitting in the sun for over an hour by then), and down to 95F by 7pm when the President speaks. It would have been really cool to hear him, but really hot to wait. Oh well.

Dad goes through his next chemo this morning. We should all pray that it goes well and he does not get too sick. The doc has already scheduled him to come in tomorrow for an anti-nausea treatment, though. Still, nothing is impossible when you put your trust in God (well, that's what the song said).

The drought is over. That's right, I said the drought is over. I have been over a week without ideas for new CoV strips. Today, though, I wrote three new ones. And I think at least one of them is almost funny.

The drought is in full swing. That's right. I said the drought is in full swing. It has been two weeks since we did our aerobic exercise at home. That is not good. And on top of that, Justin is being all blah, blah, blah about running long distances and getting in shape and some kind of a state bake-off. We've got to get back into a groove. Maybe we'll start again tonight.

You may be sorry to note that there is no drought in unclerwalker blogs. And, whether you see this as a threat or an exciting preview, I will tell you that I have CoV strips written up through June 12. So hang on to your hats, pardners, we got a long drive ahead of us.

1 comment:

Caleb said...

Do you reference something with your comments concerning the paradoxical drought or do they simply originate in the mind of UncleR?