Thursday, May 21, 2009

Why Should the Original Words Be the Only Option?


Speaking of adding your own words to songs, Kathie has done that for years. I cannot remember any examples to share, but I'll try to keep my ears open and let you know.

I went to an ex-Motorolans Happy Hour last night and renewed some acquaintances I have not seen in several years. Since I had a new audience, I took along a hardcopy of some of my COVs. I did have questions about how they can follow it going forward. I need to make a decision about how to publicize and maybe publish it. I looked into syndication, but you have to sign away many of your rights and your first-born. Hmm. Maybe I shouldn't decide no too quickly on that last part.

Alison has news. I'll let her add it to her site.

This is the last school day with students for Kathie. I think they have some type of annual field trip on this day. Tomorrow is a work day, and then nothing until mid-July.

3 comments:

Alison said...

OK I updated my site!

Craig Weeks said...

Connie's sister did this to "Margaritaville" when she was little:

"On my front porch swing, strumming my sex thing ..."

and

"Stepped on a Pop-Tart ..."

I think it was Connie's brother who did this to Kenny Rogers:

"You picked the fine time to leave me, Lucille
Four hundred children and a crop in the field"

Her brother thought it robbed the song of credibility.

Lewis said...

I saw John Fogerty last year and he actually sang "there's a bathroom on the right", or at least that is what I heard.