Saturday, May 09, 2009

No Jazz, But Jazzed

It turns out that there is only live Jazz at the Gilbert park on certain Thursdays. So, Kyle and family did see some Thursday night, but nothing last night. Still, we had a good time picnicking, feeding the ducks, and playing in the playground area. I took some shots, but I have not loaded them yet.

However, we are jazzed after seeing the new Star Trek flick today. It was excellent. A lot of fun, even given the differences between J.J. Abram's version and the original. Digital effects certainly look better on the big screen than on TVs.

We have a late lunch at the grandgirl's place tomorrow afternoon. Still, we will swing by the folks and wish Mom a Happy Mother's Day first.

I will not be running 5 miles today, nor even 1 mile. It is just too hot already. This is probably due to having a Democratic president. I should have voted a straight Republican ticket, like I usually do (take that, Justin) ;)

1 comment:

Craig Weeks said...

Certainly there is *plenty* of room for improvement in the Republican party, but a victorious R means one less D takes office. I always vote against the D ... and sometimes for the R.