Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thanks for Noticing

Sorry for my absence yesterday. I can tell from the overload of comments and calls and emails that you all noticed I did not post a new Clarity of Vision yesterday. Same outpouring of concern from work, too. However, I am back today and so is CoV.
I have tried on all black before, but it feels weird. So I decided to wear all black except for white shoes and belt. Luckily, it was before Labor Day, so the fashion police let it slide.

Do they even sell white belts anymore?

I wore a black suit with a black shirt and white tie once, but when my coat was buttoned, you could still see the bottom of the tie, so I looked like a walking exclamation point. And in Jr High, I wore all white once, but everyone said I looked like a milkman. Since then, I never go monochromatic. I did have mononucleosis once, too, but that is another post.

Why was I out, you may ask? (Then again, you may not). The doc confirmed it was a virus and not swine flu (he said they peaked in April and are slowing down now) and not strep (he is seeing that on the rise right now). He suggested I wait to fill my prescription for one day and predicted I would not need it. OK, I waited, but then could not sleep last night due to severe coughiness. I may get the prescription filled tonight, just in case.

It has been pointed out to me, and it may be scientifically provable, that 4-day workweeks are 23.2% longer-feeling than regular 5-day workweeks. I agree. Although, since I was sick yesterday, it is only 0.03% longer-feeling for me.

The pressure is on, at least for me. I am down to three weeks of CoV in my queue, and I have not written one in almost a week. Maybe I took it to the well once too often? Yes, as I mentioned above, I know each of you is on the edge of their seats worrying that each strip could be the last. You know what? If it is, it is. That may be debatable if we cannot determine what the definition of is is.

3 comments:

Caleb said...

How much longer-feeling are 3-day workweeks? Does it continue to increase in intensity after the 4-day week or when it gets to three, does it begin to go down? Would a 1-day workweek feel the longest?
What would be be like if you made your COV 23.2% longer? Would it be added to the end? Would one of the panes be slightly larger? Would one of the (men?) be 23.2% fatter?

Unknown said...

White Belt.
http://cm1.theinsider.com/media/0/128/99/26344PCN_Rob05.0.0.0x0.656x912.jpeg

NEWBIE said...

I went to the Byron Nelson this past weekend and I can assure you white belts are very popular among europian golfers.