Sunday, August 03, 2008

If I'm Tarred, You Can Chill

Zachary, I must admit I feel unfairly targeted. As you remember, I added that new blog display thingie that sorts my linked blogs as they are updated. So, when I saw your last comment saying you were tarred of being tarred and asking me to update, I checked my list. Yes, fine, Brenda *had* updated since my last one, but the others had not. And it is Brenda that updates yours, not you. Back off, nephew. That's all I'm saying.

Now, on with a real blog. No, I decided to add one more thing before I do my regular blog posting. We recently took a trip to Southwestern Colorado. It was nice, and cool, and relaxing, and fun. I had been looking forward to trying all sorts of things with my new camera. However, when we got there, I realized I forgot to bring a tripod. Well, for the most part, that would not be a problem. One of the things I wanted to try was evening and night photography. For that, I would need a tripod. So, my options were to buy the one there in V&S Variety or maybe cruise up to Ridgway or Montrose to find a cheaper one. Still, by the time I drove and with the cost of gas, it was just as cheap to buy the Ouray one.

Why did I bring that up? OK, here is where my aging brain showed the crystal sharp thinking that I can still do. On the box, it says "Free second quick release plate." Did you read that correctly? I could not translate it at first. Maybe it is written for a three-year-old and it should have read "Three second quick release plate" because it can be set up in 3 seconds? Finally, I figured out it meant I got a second thing to attach to my camera to the tripod and it did not cost extra. Pretty sad, huh?

Kathie is glad I don't sleep with my legs extended like Kendall. We have enough trouble sharing covers without that. Then again, if I slept in a chair like that, she might not mind. I think I have seen GrandDad do that a couple of times during his Sunday afternoon naps in his chair, but that's another story.

Bella is showing Nana what she learned in dancing class. Is she a Dancing Queen? Oh Momma Mia, I don't know. And check out their little media room/playroom. Don't you like the album covers and Beatles print hanging in there? I miss album covers now that everything is CDs and small or even downloaded. I guess I'll just go over to Kyle and Lyndsay's house sometimes and just sit up in the media room. I might even get Bella to teach me some dance moves.



When Lyndsay throws a party, she goes all out. Here, you can see she brought in a professional hair stylist for party guests. The first gentleman seems somewhat stoic, although he protested initially. The second young lady seems less pleased. That was not an actual cry, only a way to prevent hair from getting in her eyes. It probably still got in her mouth. There were two other haircuts that evening before we had to end it due to unbelievable fun we were all having. You can only party so much. right?

4 comments:

Zachary said...

Thanks Uncle! It is just that I have become so accustomed to regular updates that when they are a long time in coming, I grow somewhat impatient!

Anonymous said...

Just so you know Zachary DOES have his own blog that he doesn't update. So I really think you should harp on him for not updating his.

Craig Weeks said...

Well, I'm too late to the party on this one for anyone to see my comment, but that is one serious throne Queen Isabella has there ... thought it appears an insurrection may be underway. And I having a hard time spotting her royal scepter.

CrazyUncle said...

For now, Isabella has ceded rulership while she pursues a lifelong dream of enter theatre. (Yes, since we are talking Queen Isabella, it must be spelled that way, not theater).