Friday, August 29, 2008

On Call After All These Years?

This is the end of the fiscal year for Apollo Group. So, everyone has been using their vacation furiously (OK, most were not that furious) because it does not carry over. Anyway, the project manager for a big project took off Thursday and Friday. It's due date is soon, so my boss pulled me into it to lead some meetings today.

One of the issues was one group planning to work this weekend (because if not, we will surely not finish by 9/12). Another group was saying, no thank you. Well, the higher-ups prevailed and said they did not have to work the weekend if they did not want to, but the deliverables must be ready by 9/3 just as scheduled.

Since the PM is gone, I am on the hook if any groups get stuck (need help with booting a server, a program that doesn't shut down as scheduled, etc.) They can call me and I will facilitate finding the right person to help. Since I am a contractor, I do not have dial-in capability, so if they call, I must go to the office. That tethers me close to home.

But not the wife. She is going with the grand-ones to a wild animal park near Sedona or Flagstaff. Hmm. Something is wrong with this picture.

Nothing is wrong with this picture, though.
Kendall is obviously saying, "Aunt Ali, I am really feeling the Beatles." What taste this child has.

No comments: