Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Craig, here is the original from yesterday.

Each week, the director of our multi-church Chorale reads an inspiring or funny story at the mid-point of practice. Tonight's was about a family that saved its china for special times, but there never seemed to be any. So, I thought back to a related, but opposite situation.

I remember eating the grape jelly from Flintstone glasses and then having those become our dinner glasses (at least for the kids). Now that may have only been a one-time thing, or it could have been many years. I do not remember the details, only the situation and that there were some that were more desired than the others, especially if one of my brothers or sister wanted it. I do remember some of the other glasses we had, but none that really make me smile like the small (juice sized) Flintstone ones.

Anyway, along the lines of what Bruce read, aren't we all glad that God fills us whether we are cut glass or Flintstones glasses or even sippy cups? Each of us needs to remember what Grady Nutt once said, "God don't make no junk."

1 comment:

Craig Weeks said...

I remember Flintstone glasses! And since I am an only child they were ... MINE, ALL MINE!