Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Boo Hoo or Whoo Hoo?

I must have done something wrong. I have a video of Isabella that I wanted to post, but I couldn't get it to upload right. It did once, but it wouldn't play. So, no video tonight. Boo Hoo.

It is our 32nd anniversary tonight, so we went out to Jason's Deli. Yup, that's what we wanted. She gave me Photoshop CS3 and I gave her a gift card for Starbucks. Whoo Hoo for both of us. Just what we each wanted.

Oh man! Guess What? Our patio roof is leaking into the attic and dripping through the den ceiling. We are trying to get someone out to fix it, but with the monsoons, they are crazy busy. A dude is supposed to come by tomorrow morning and give us an estimate. Our decision will probably end up being: do we just fix the leak for now and get a new patio roof later or just bite the bullet and do it all. It will probably depend on the cost. Boo Hoo.

Yes, I am still employed. Whoo Hoo.

I lost my manual for my camera a while ago. So, this past weekend, I bought a How To book for it at the bookstore. Guess what I found today after it had slid up under the driver's seat in my car? Yup, the manual. So, I have no excuse for not being able to do all sorts of stuff with the camera, right? Whoo Hoo.

5 comments:

Craig Weeks said...

I bought an owner's manual for a 1998 Mazda 626 on Ebay in 2005. I'll bet you could have done the same thing with your camera manual. But now there is no need. Whoo Hoo.

Anonymous said...

So have you started shooting in RAW yet? You should probably give it a try. It is great

Craig Weeks said...

I would also expect you could find your camera manual online in PDF form for download at the manufacturer's website. Searching the text that way is a nice convenience but, I know, sometimes you just need to thumb the pages.

CrazyUncle said...

Dude, I did download the manual, but when we were out hiking I had no access to online stuff. Also, Dude, you say you bought a car owner's manual on Ebay, but not whether or not you had that car. If you did not, it seems like a frivolous purchase.

Dudette, I have shot some in RAW, but my version of iPhoto won't load them, so I have backed off to JPEG Fine for now. I do have Photoshop Elements set to use Adobe Camera Raw for editing JPEG and TIFF, but of course, they don't contain all the data like a RAW image. For you, what makes it better?

Craig Weeks said...

Dude, the *reasons* I buy anything on Ebay are of a highly personal nature ... or I would have told you. Sheesh. (If you were still out of work I would have been kinder ... maybe.)