Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hearing and Not Believing

Today was an interesting day. On Monday, we had a meeting called for today at which attendance was required. They even flew in team members from Denver and St. George, UT. If you've ever been part of a large corporation, you know that rarely signals good news. I decided, based on the lack of hallway scuttlebutt, that it was probably a reorg as opposed to a layoff. I was right.

Well, I was wrong, too. They decided to eliminate all of the Project Management Office's (PMO) jobs as of September 17. However, we are free to apply and be interviewed for jobs in the new PMO if we want. That way, the company is on stronger legal grounds no matter what each of us individually decide.

I am going to apply. After all, they haven't finished hiring me anyway. I've got nothing to lose.

Man, I heard it but could not believe it. It's like Yogi Berra said, "Deja vu all over again."

Well, this should bring a smile to your face. It's Sleeping Beauty Castle when it was still tall and more interesting, back in the mid-1980s.

5 comments:

Jay said...

Scuttlebutt? I'll have to start using that.....

Craig Weeks said...

The castle is shorter now?

Anonymous said...

So why is the castle shorter know? Great picture though. Any picture of Disneyland always makes me smile

Anonymous said...

oops that should have been now, not know :)

CrazyUncle said...

Hey! Who went and changed my blog after I posted it? They added that the castle is shorter...when it obviously is not. It has (apparently) always been 77 feet in height. I guess whoever wrote that thought they heard it was changed when it was last repainted. That's the scuttlebutt, anyway. I'd better change my password, huh?