Sunday, August 10, 2008

Phone Fuss and More!

Kathie and I just switched from Sprint back to Verizon for cell service. We chose a special deal on Motorola W755 phone that gave them free + $50 back on each. Cool, huh? The problem is that they lock up the phone so you must purchase ringtones from them. So, I went web surfing and found a way to get my songs onto the phone as ringtones using myxer.com. Now Kathie hears The Beatles sing Got To Get You Into My Life when I call. Take that, Mr. Cell Phone Mega-Conglomerate.

With the recent heavy rains, we found water dripping into our den. The insurance adjuster said it was because of a deteriorating patio roof and left us a check. A fix-it dude that came out said he did not believe that because the water did not run all the way from the exterior wall to where it was dripping. Still, we've got to get the patio fixed, so we are going ahead with that next week. Now I've got to fight with insurance. After all, the adjuster did not even go into the attic. Take that, Mr. What I Say Is The Way It Is Adjuster.

I took one carousel of slides in to Ritz to see how their scanning works. Dad is doing his, but he said it is pretty time consuming. They are charging $0.25 each, so let's see how they turn out. I'll post something when they return them.

Played a bit in Photoshop trying to convert a photo to HDR.
Here is the before photo from our trip to Scotland in 2004.

Here is the post-production version. Yeah, not bad. After all, Ansel Adams said "Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job on the photo editing. We just got back from camping so I thought I would comment back to you...I just started shooting in Raw about 2 weeks ago. so I can't tell you what exactly it is that I like better. I am still learning. I am using ACR and adobe lightroom. I am trying to see which one I like better and then I will stick to only using one.

Zachary said...

Just read your last post, I keep my backup in a small fire safe just in case. I also have time machine set to run fairly often, but I only back up to the fire safe drive every week or so.

Craig Weeks said...

Inquiring minds want to know. Are you involved in some kind of tonal relationship?

Dang, I wish I had a time machine.

CrazyUncle said...

I am currently in a monogamous tonal relationship. After all, Kathie and I have been making beautiful music together for 32 years. However, my tummy is not as tonal as it was 32 years ago.

Craig Weeks said...

However, my tummy is not as tonal as it was 32 years ago.

I heard that. Mine has lost a lot of ground (gained?) even in the past 10 years.