Wednesday, February 01, 2006

No Update

Well, I guess this technically *is* an update, even if the information I provide says I have no decision on either job. I am waiting on UOP right now to schedule the last(?) 2 interviews. However, yesterday, Emails sent to their ailm server were returned as unknown address. Hmmm. I hope that my 2 key contacts haven't both been let go.

And the church is delaying hiring me until they can hold a business meeting. So, they said I was leading music last Sunday "in view of a call." What? Aren't I just an interim? So, I guess they will vote agter church on Sunday morning. I met with the music ministers at CrossRoads Nazarene and Corona Baptist to learn more about copy licenses, favorite choruses at their church, and how to make the worship element a key part of not only services, but practices.

My son-in-law, James, lost his job at Dallas Baptist Univ. I will call him later, since I can certainly relate to how he feels. He had also just quit Chili's, but I think he may go back. James, we are praying for you and love you.

2 comments:

Brenda Walker said...

Hey, at least we always have prayer! I will pray for James as I continue to pray for you!

Mimi and Poppy said...

Wow. The church thing is just a church thing. Being on both the Pastor Search committee and the Personel Committee that is looking for a youth minister and chldren's minister, I know how s l o w things like that move in a church. They'd be goofy to not take you! We're still praying for you and will add James to the list.