Thursday, February 09, 2006

I Signed On The Dotted Line!!!

Yup. It is official. I accepted a job with US Airways. I start Feb 20...if... I pass the drug test and a background check. I do not know when those will be, but they must be completed before I can report to work. The only bummer I know of is that I start accruing my vacation days 1 per month starting after my 90 day new hire period, and I only get 5 days the first year. Then, for years 1-4, I get 2 weeks per year. On the plus side, I hope we can make full use of my flight privileges. Unlimited standby. And parents are entitled to reduced rate travel.

Almost time for Survivor. Stupid cable company posts episode summaries for display on the screen, and they told me some of what happens tonight. Why did they do that? If they are gonna tell us stuff before it happens, tell me the Super Bowl score before it occurs so I can place a big bet in Vegas. If they had a job show on TV, maybe they could have told me I would get a job in Feb? TV Weenies.

FYI, since my kids never post, Kyle got a better job at a different office of the same company he has been working for, Nationwide Vision. Lyndsay and Isabella are doing well. She should make her appearance on Mar 27. James got a job at a catering company that should pay him better than Chili's. Alison is still waiting to hear about her start date with Honda.

At choir practice last night, I introduced some possible calls to worship. One in two-part, one SAB. Let's just say each will require a little more practice. As before, I think I did hear two parts, just not the ones written. SAB... well, it was more kind of SAD. That's OK. It's a good challenge. Just two months until Easter.

5 comments:

Caleb said...

I never know how to spell the excited word that starts with a y. See, if I spell it yeah then it's like, "Oh yeah, I love it when those cable guys post show summaries." But the other way is yea as in, "Yea verily, I say unto you." I'm never sure. But however one spells it, I'm really really happy for you and that's just really great!

Katie80 said...

CONGRATS!!!!! I'm super stoked for you! I hope that drug test won't create any problems....
Better make the most of these last 10 days. When I went back, it took several days before it hit me that I have to get most things done on the weekend now. Seems so obvious, but it's a big change! :)
I hope you'll really enjoy the job!

Lindsay Ward said...

Yeah! I am so happy for you. Your months of patentience finally paid off.

Brenda Walker said...

I guess I could be a white slave??? Congrats!

X's and O's said...

Holy cow!!! I've been out of the loop. CONGRATULATIONS are in order!!! I'm so excited, and I'm reading your post on the eve of your first day (as long as the drug test and background check went according to schedule). I hope you have a super-fantastic first day at work and be sure to let us all know how it goes!!