Sunday, February 12, 2006

A Concert Tonight...But Not For Me

Tonight, the East Valley Chorale joins with the Mesa Regal RV Park Choir for a joint concert of religious music, accompanied by strings and brass. At practice, it sounded great. I am sorry that I will miss it. However, I knew when I took the church music job that Sunday evening concerts would not be possible. So, y'all do good tonight.

At church tonight, we have a Valentine's banquet. What does that entail? I don't know. I think there may be a magician for entertainment. That'd be cool.

Have you watched any olympics yet? I wonder why we are not more excited? Has the media not played up any stories about participants? Maybe Kathie and I are just out of the info loop. We watched some speed skating last night and a dude from Houston won. He might have a chance to get 5 medals, like some dude in the past did. That could be worth tuning in for. It would *not* be worth missing Survivor for, though, especially when we can just Tivo it.

My friend from UOP is working there again for 3 months or so. That's good for him, as he can look for a new job while still getting a paycheck. I gave him the contact info for the guy that found my position for me. He's a nice guy and I wish him good luck. Take care.

The folks got a CD of Steven Wright jokes. Man, that dude is weird. So now, we are getting full of those crazy ideas that made him funny. You know, like "If you are in a car going the speed of light and you turn on the headlights, would it do any good?" Or "Why is the alphabet in that order. Is it because of the song?"

4 comments:

Brenda Walker said...

Did you catch the opening ceremony for the olympics, Brenda made me watch part of it. That was WIERD!!!

Lindsay Ward said...

Very wierd. But did you see the giant ski jumper made of people? He was really cool! I'll be watching the figure skating. We watched some snowboarding the other night. The US kid won gold. So I guess my answer is yes. I have watched some Olympics.

Caleb said...

Those are good jokes except that I haven't heard of that guy. I heard this joke on Whose Line: This guy was carrying a gun made of Jello but was arrested for carrying a congealed weapon. Tee hee.

Auntie Eisel said...

Um, I haven't watched any Olympics, but I've heard a little about them, does that count?