Friday, February 03, 2006

New Opportunity Found

So, I got a call this morning asking if I could meet with US Airways at 3:30pm. What would you have said? Of course. So, we had a nice interview and then he said "So, do you want it? When can you start?" What!?! Did he just offer me a job? I should have listened while he was talking! This will be a challenging position, replacing a manager that didn't perform as needed. The first assignment is to complete the merger of America West and US Airways Payroll/HR systems.

Kyle is currently incredulous. Well, I think he is, although I have no idea what that word means. Why haven't I already accepted it? Kathie wonders that, too. As I search my feelings, I think I am a) still feeling like I might not could handle it after so many months of rejection, and b) trying not to just jump because it is my first offer after so many interviews. I suppose I am 90% convinced, but please pray that I/we can know God's will.

4 comments:

Brenda Walker said...

That sounds awesome! We will be praying for you! Take... Luck, good luck, take care. Take care of the luck you might have!!

Katie80 said...

Wow! I hope you were able to remain professional and did not spend too much time staring at him with your jaw on the floor. :)
I will definitely pray for you, I'm sure it feels like a huge step to take right now. You know that God will let you know his will and we will all be praying with you.
Congrats!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited! We've been praying faithfully for you and this sure sounds like the answer! We are praying that you will be confident of God's direction in this decision. We love you.
Watch yer topknot.

Caleb said...

Wouldn't your cheekbones get tired if your jaw dropped to the floor? I mean, It wouldn't be too bad for us, but your really tall. Anyway, that is GREAT. I'll continue to pray that you'll know what God wants you to do.