Monday, February 27, 2006

Got A Badge, But No Check Yet

Well, I got a badge for US Airways. Still waiting on an office, a computer, and a parking permit....and a check. The check is still 3 weeks off. I hope the other things come more quickly.

Oh, and they don't have a cafeteria. Isn't that weird? So, I've got to bring lunch (and I need an office and desk first) or go to downtown Tempe each day for lunch. It cost me $7.50 today. That could be, like, $150 a month.

The Scottish Games were fun last Saturday. We saw the dancers (Kathie's favorite event), the games (the caber is my favorite), some collies, 2 fun musical groups, and I had my yummy meat pie. I bought an Irn Bru for consumption later. We did not see the piper competition. Ah well, it leaves us something for next year.

Church was fine. I think they knew most of the hymns this week. Let's see how they fare next Sunday.

3 comments:

Lindsay Ward said...

It might be kinda cool to have a job but no computer or desk. You wouldn't have to work to much :) I take my lunch everyday since we don't have a cafeteria. We do have a subway and La Madeline in the building though.

Auntie Eisel said...

Mmmm, Subway! That's what I think you should get Crazyuncle! Well, I'm glad you had fun with those Scottish people. :)

Caleb said...

Maybe she meant subway as in a way of underground transit. I hope that your paycheck covers more than your lunch.