Friday, February 24, 2006

It's Official

Yee haw! I gots a job. Now me and Maw kin support ourselves. Coursen, I ain't bin paid yit.

I don't know why I started typing in hillbilly speak. I'm better now. So, I passed my drug test and meet with my new boss around 8am on Monday, Feb 27. Maybe I'll get over to my office by Tues or Wed. I think part of the problem is that they do not have a PC for me yet. We certainly praise God for answered prayer.

Tomorrow is the annual Scottish Games over at a local community college. So, I know what I'll be doing. I am already practicing my brogue. We like the caber toss, the young dancers, and the pipers. I also like meat pies and ginger beer, but Kathie does not. She does like their chocolate, though, because it tastes richer. I would imagine it is because it is made with fewer preservatives.

What else? James got rear-ended last week. Luckily, a friend has a car they can use for some months while they decide how to handle repairs. Why is that an issue? Well, this drunk dude had no insurance. No, the other guy, not James. And they must decide to fix or not because they might wait until Ali starts with Honda and use their discount.

Speaking of discount, it seems Kathie and I and Mom and Dad and Kyle can use my free/standby flight privileges, but not Alison. Nope, only dependent children get that benefit, so Kyle loses it once he finishes school. I don't understand what it means or implies yet, so I'll have to investigate once I am really working there. They don't kick in for 15 days anyway.

7 comments:

Auntie Eisel said...

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!! That's so great! Bring us back a meat pie!

Auntie Eisel said...

Okay, sorry, it's not a "d", but I always spell it like that for some reason. Maybe I'll learn some day.

Katie80 said...

meat pie. yuck.
Is it mincemeat or real meat?
Really, it makes no difference to me. It's still yuck

SuzieQ said...

I am so glad you have found something. Hope you still are able to have lunch!

Are you sure Kyle is a dependent now that he is married nearly with child? I know as soon as Shelby is married, she is no longer covered under my insurance...which is okay since I had to opt for the less expensive HMO. Just curious. It must mean you are providing 51% of his support or something.

Caleb said...

That's great!

Aaron, Kara, Walker, Sophie June, and Ford said...

Hooray!!! Enjoy your first day, and we hope you had a great time at the Scottish games.
In response to your previous post, we are confused because we are too busy bettering ourselves through literature, 24, and The Office to watch Survivor.

Brenda Walker said...

Excellent, you have a job! I am happy for you and I pray that all will go well!