Thursday, February 23, 2006

What's Wrong With Mom?

Hey, did that heading catch your attention? It should. Here's what happened.

We were having a nice little PHX family gathering. Pizza was provided. A large screen provided ample details even for *my* aging eyes. Conversation was clever and appropriate...until... Well, I hesitate to use the words dementia or Alzheimers because I cannot spell them. I also hesitate to say cranky, cantankerous, inappropriate, bad taste, ill-advised because then this post would be too long.

Let's just say that Mom cheered for the wrong team when they won the immunity challenge. That's right. She knew who we liked (the underdog team), and then. AND THEN. She had the audacity to say she was just caught up in the moment. So, I ask you, what would *you* have done? WWJD? We all pretended it was OK. I wonder if I can go back next week?

1 comment:

Katie80 said...

Well, at first I was worried something horrible and out of her control may have happened to her. Now, of course, I can see that it is much more serious than that.
I imagine y'all are struggling with just exactly what is appropriate to say in this sensitive situation. I hope you figure it out.