Thursday, February 02, 2006

UOP Opportunity Lost

I finally made contact with Univ of PHX. In the wake of losing their CEO (head of company) and CIO (head of IT), they are reorganizing. So, there are no longer open personnel requisitions. Not only that, my 2 contacts were both laid off, after 6 and 12 years respectively.

However, just 15 minutes before I called UOP, I got a call from another headhunter who said American Express wants to have a face-to-face meeting next week. I don't know what the job is, but I'll certainly talk to them. The Lord continues to ask me to wait on His leadership. It's only been 8 months. If I were Abraham, I think I might have gone ahead and helped Him work His will, too.

At choir practice last night, I introduced a Jesus Name medley for some future Sunday. Amazingly, I heard 4 parts. Less amazingly, they bore no relation to the notes written on the page. This is going to require a lot of listening to a single part at a time. And, they say they *always* do an Easter musical. OK, we'll start that next week.

3 comments:

Lindsay Ward said...

That was unfortunate timing for the University of PHX to reorganize. But that should give you plenty of time to work on the musical!

Brenda Walker said...

You are quite the skillful musician, if you come do our music Brenda and I will see that you are fed (physically) each Sunday!!! We could really use someone more musically inclined!

Auntie Eisel said...

I hope the training of your choir goes well, and I sure am sorry that it's not looking good. You'd think that you could just tell God that you already learned your lesson and he can just "move right on down the line there"--(Brian Regan) wouldn't you? Okay so it wasn't that funny. But what can I say? I'm not quite as witty as you.