Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Were Things Darker in the Past?

Some things were, like my hair. Who's that handsome dude who seems to be striking out with the ladies? I don't know, either, but his hair sure is nice and dark. Well, it was back in 1986.















Here's a little older dude finally getting along with a special lady in Concord, MA and Boston, MA in 2002.

















And here we are in Maine and Newport, MA.

















Those last two are from Dad's scrapbooks.

Are you ready for Christmas now? I told you a few days ago to get going and finish that shopping. I hope you have because the malls are going to be gross and soooo crowded for the next couple of days. If you haven't, here are 35 versions of Jingle Bells, at least one of which is sure to tickle your fancy.

Yahoo put out a story about a UFO on the moon as supported by photographs from the Apollo astronauts. Could it be true? Hey, the photos don't lie. Of course, they also don't confirm it since the enhanced shots aren't any clearer.

Did you hear that Joe Cocker passed away yesterday at the age of 70? Finally, we have an answer as to whether or not someone can "Get By With a Little Help From (their) Friends". No, that was not meant to sound snarky; just silly.

Let's look at some numbers and then, I will tell you how they all relate. 40, 2013, 80, 46%, 15%, 33%. There are a whole lot more numbers, but these give you a sense of the analytical nature of what I am about to share. It is somewhat shocking, so, please, sit down before you read this. Not everything Dr. Oz says is scientifically valid. There. I've said it. And the numbers come from The BMJ (Formerly British Medical Journal). You can read the article here, but the 15% number is that for 15% of what Dr. Oz claims, medical evidence actually contradicts his recommendations.

I am not finding much else worth sharing today. Since it is a workday, I should start doing work. I will say that the commute this morning was very nice since a lot of people have begun their Christmas holiday early. And with school out, there was hardly any traffic, so that was made it easy. On the opposite side of the same coin, though, it will also mean that many of the people I need to interface with will be off, leading to lower productivity. I have plenty of things to work on, though, so I'll find something to do.

Speaking of my commute, I heard an ad this morning about a financial advisor who has a product that somehow protects your investment even in a down stock market. However, it was the choice of words that led to today's CoV.












If I don't see you again before Christmas, Remember the Reason for the Season. I'll see you on the other side of the holiday (but likely, before New Year's).

No comments: