Monday, December 15, 2014

Big D and Big Red Both Won

If you cannot understand the title of today's blog, turn in your NFL pennant and start watching air hockey.

Let's start today's photo sharing with an artsy shot of bocce balls from my game with D-I-L's brother while on our trip to the mountains. I don't remember who won, but we had a good time.















And from the same trip, an artsy shot of a bridge made of knotty branches (not naughty, which would be bad around Santa time).






















And a final artsy shot from the other side of the bridge.






















This would only work if your last name is Murray, but then again, I am not sure it really worked anyway. Would you do this?























I saw a lot of articles about this topic last week. So, IF you should get a Keurig 2.0 under your tree, read the story before you decide that you must pay the high prices for the official Keurig refills.

There are all sorts of ways to look at NBA stats. However, if you are a visual learner, you need both the raw data and a way to make it clear what the data implies. Go to the Buckets site and look up your favorite player. Does he prefer the right or left side? How far away does he prefer to shoot from? How well does he do against the other teams? You can learn all of that, and more!

I think I got this idea from a conversation with a coworker about thinking I was wrong when I was not wrong. Does that sound right?












When I first decided to become a vegan in August, 2013, there was a huge struggle with knowing what to eat, how often to eat it, where I could find it, etc. It took several months, but finally, I worked out a diet that seemed to provide me with sufficient sustenance and protein and energy. Now, with the finding by the Mayo Clinic that being a strict vegan is not possible with my body chemistry (it is pretty carb heavy), I am almost in a worse position. What foods should I reintroduce? How quickly should I transition? (Pretty quickly according to my doctor who said my high cholesterol is pretty bad). So, I have had fish with a couple of meals, chicken once, and peanut butter once. I am really struggling right now.

So, I am not sure what I will eat at today's company Christmas Party. No, I don't know what they are serving, but I doubt there will be much diet-friendly fare. Remind me to tell you about it tomorrow.

We had our final Christmas concert with the orchestra last night. It was a lot of fun, but I always kept a cough drop in my mouth and backed off when I needed to so I would make it through the show.

For some extremely odd reason, I was thinking about being 'bemused' on some topic in the shower this morning. Who says 'bemused' anyway? Which then led me to thinking about being 'betwixt and between' on thinking of 'bemused' in the first place. Then, I realized I was thinking of words beginning with 'be---'. Immediately, the song 'Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered' pooped into my noggin. What is wrong with me? Are you as 'befuddled' as I am? I hope not.

Is the Elf of the Shelf teaching kids it is OK to spy? That's what one author proposes. However, haven't we been singing about Santa doing the same thing for years in the song 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town'? 'He sees you when you're sleeping'. That's not creepy?

While not creepy, this home is certainly unique. I don't think it is a style I would seek out, you might consider it if you have $3 million and live near Joshua Tree monument in CA.

I think we've both suffered enough by reading this far into today's blog post. Let's have a trial separation and see what happens tomorrow.

1 comment:

Keith said...

I think I can come up with a better way to spend $3 million.