Thursday, December 04, 2014

It's My Friday Because of a Physical

I will be out of the office tomorrow for a full physical that takes all day at the Mayo Clinic. That is a pretty nice medical benefit that our company offers, so I take advantage of it every year. Our company no longer pays for a test of body fat percentage that they used to offer, so that is a minor bummer. I think the last one I remember was about 23%, which the charts show as average. I did ask them to take the appropriate tests to be sure that I am doing OK as a vegan.

As we decorate for Christmas, I found some shots from a few years ago that I thought you would enjoy. Here are MBH, SS, and TD placing ornaments on our tree.






















Here is a better shot of SS placing one of his ornaments.















And one showing TD peeking around the tree.





















Heading over to the L.A. area anytime soon (like, maybe, for Disneyland)? If so, have you ever captured a photo of the famous Hollywood sign up near Beachwood Canyon? Well, are residents are not so keen on all the tourists it brings, but this article says there is an easily-accessible place to capture a great shot from the fourth floor of an area mall.

Edible balloons, anyone?

Did you watch episode 11 of Survivor last night? If not, you may not want to read this interview with Probst about Jon and Jaclyn, Reed and Missy, and Natalie and Jaclyn.

It's time for the final Thanksgiving-related Clarity of Vision of 2014. Let's talk turkey.












Have you ever heard the rumor that Paul McCartney died years ago and was replaced by a look-a-like?  I am sure that many of you have. Have you ever heard the one about all the Beatles EXCEPT for Paul dying and being replaced? No? Read about this and other myths here.

Of the 10 comedies listed, I have seen 8 of them. And I have seen all of the Thriller/Action movies. Oh, what am I talking about? There is a Digital Trends article about Netflix movies you should see. From the Sci-Fi list, I think I might want to see Snowpiercer.

Finally, a banking commercial where they are telling the WHOLE truth, including admitting they are actors. It is pretty clever.

Have a Thrilling Thursday, a Fabulous Friday, and I will see you next week.

No comments: