Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A Ton of Tuesday Topics

Is it laziness that made me not think of a new Clarity of Vision last night? I suppose it was. I was watching the final episode of The Newsroom and just decided to bring back comic #3. After all, it is still pretty clever.












Do you like the Christmas song 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas'? I learned something interesting about a line in the song - "hang a shining star upon the highest bough." In the original version of the song written during World War II, the line was "Until then, we'll have to muddle through somehow." When Frank Sinatra recorded the song in 1957, he asked the writer to "jolly up that line for me." And that's how the shining star line came to be! Although I'm all for muddling around, I like the starry version better! How about you?

There was a Christmas-themed light show at the World of Color in Disneyland. I snapped a few shots of it, but as I feared, it loses something in the translation from live to photoland. Still, I wanted to share it with you.
















When I was at the Mayo a couple of weeks ago, I wandered around between medical tests and found photos posted on the wall taken by staffers. This one won an award. Was it a major award? I'm sure it was to the photographer. Anyway, it was black-and-white. Do you like B&W or color? If you see a B&W, does it look better with an Ansel Adam's-style landscape or can anything work?
















Here is a group of six near the above shot. Do you like the one in the upper right of the spines of a cactus? I can't decide if I do or not.
















Let's see something inspirational, something seasonal like a baby and a reindeer.

















Maybe that was not quite as inspirational as I had hoped. How about a more soothing image, taken from a painting that intrigues me.

















What do you think? Do the non-traditional colors distract or enhance this art? I think it helps because then you look at the shapes presented instead of immediately classifying it as trees and grasses and dismissing it.

A cereal-only cafe just opened in London and The Guardian wrote about it last week. As you can see from the photos in the story, they offer cereals such as 'Special Kates' and Wills' Royal O's. Of course, Cereality has been around in several US locations since 2004, starting with the ASU campus (that location has since closed, but I ate there more than once and really liked it). Those Brit's are just copying us.

Another of those unique Christmas cards, this one from someecards.
















I read this the other day. "I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, and then, it hit me."

Let's get practical here in the final week of school before the holidays. Get a jump on January with this article, Five Things Your Kids Should Do to Ace Their Exams.

This stupid cough just keeps hanging on. It is worse in early morning (like right now as I write this) and bedtime. I would rather get worse than this (of course, I say that now since I am not worse). So, I'll just keep on with cough drops during the day and cough syrup at night.

Morning Has Broken around me, so I Will Awaken the Dawn and start my day. Thanks Cat Stevens and Steve Green for the music. It's Tremendous Tuesday, so go out and claim it.


No comments: