Wednesday, December 10, 2014

HB KNW

Everybody jump in the Wayback Machine. We are heading back to Nov and our trip up north. First, take a look at the future Tiger Woods. Hey, everybody has to start somewhere.





















And maybe a future Olympian.






















Finally, it looks like one of the granddaughters is afraid that JV is going to throw the ball at her face. And you know what? That is entirely possible.















Happy Birthday, KNW. I hope it's a great day (not scaaary) and I am excited we can celebrate with you this weekend.

This news story says "Taking advantage of students in order to exploit federal financial aid programs is reprehensible". What? Since when is using exotic dancers to get young men interested in your school 'reprehensible'? Go read the whole story.

Now that we've got you talking about stuff, let me throw in a new topic. What are Chicken McNuggets really made from? According to the video, there is no pink slime involved. And not even any chicken 'parts'.

Did I share this page with you that shows what a company's advertising might look like if they displayed honest slogans. Some of them are very clever. Like this one...

















Did you hear this from Paula Poundstone? "Adults are always asking little kids what they want to be when they grow up because they’re looking for ideas."

I think I must be getting old. I read this headline...










and thought they were really talking about the cereal, not a street drug.

This is a funny Christmas Card. You may or may not agree (I almost wrote YMMV in text parlance but I was not sure everyone would know that meant Your Mileage May Vary).





















Go dig up your iPod Classic and sell it before the holidays. It seems that many are selling at up to 4X the original price. Let me think where I stashed mine.

Here's a possibility for Preacher Bro. Hold a church service INSIDE BUFFALO WILD WINGS. Maybe you can sing "On Eagle's Wings". Preach about angels.

Have you had your kid's photos taken with Santa this year? I hope yours did better than the boys and girls in these photos. Come on. We've all had "those" kind of photos with our children. It is just that not all of us show them publicly.

Our DVR from the cable company does not have a button that automatically skips commercials. Does yours? It might if it is from DISH, but the button is being neutralized by new agreements with content providers. Disney requires that the button be stopped from working for three days after a show is taped, and now CBS has knocked it out for seven days. Enjoy it while you can. All I can do is use the Fast Forward button willy-nilly.

Let's revisit a classic CoV from the first week of them back in 2009. Back then, I did not name each comic, so let's call it "I Value My Health".












And, as often happens, that means it is time to kick off my Wacky Wednesday workday and get going. Y'all have a great one.

No comments: